Professional Learning Program for Semester 1, 2019
1. Getting Going (New) - 28 February 2019
This full day Professional Learning is designed for schools who are starting out with Brightpath or for those schools that wish to re-engage.
The morning of the workshop will be spent in the practical application of Brightpath (with a fun competition & prize to win). You will need your laptop.
The afternoon workshop will model for you how to implement Brightpath in your school. It will include discussion of what needs to be in place to ensure your assessments lead to improved student learning.
See attached Document for details and register your interest at Sticky Tickets - https://www.stickytickets.com.au/78901
2. Interpreting Brightpath data (New) - 1 March 2019
We will be running repeat sessions in Term 2. Date to be confirmed.
Presented by Dr Sandy Heldsinger
This full day Professional Learning is designed for schools who have signed up for the Brightpath Advanced Reports or for those schools that are considering signing-up in 2019.
Here’s brief synopsis of Sandy Heldsinger's workshop:
- I will begin the workshop by taking you through the WA Brightpath usage data. Whilst, it is always interesting to see how schools are using Brightpath, the usage data has important implications for how you interpret the data. I will show you how to use the state data as a point of comparison when in evaluating your school’s performance and I will explain important caveats.
- I will explain the statistics used in the advanced reports.
- I will assist you in using the reports to evaluate the impact of your teaching programs on student learning.
- I will explain the relationship between the Brightpath scale and the NAPLAN scale so that you can interpret your Brightpath data relative to your NAPLAN performance.
- I will provide several different ways of setting targets.
- I will help you evaluate the extent to which you are using the Brightpath reports to promote effective teaching.
Please remember to bring along your NAPLAN writing data and Laptops!
See attached Document for details and register your interest at Sticky Tickets - https://www.stickytickets.com.au/79005
3. Using Brightpath to Drive School Improvement - BUNBURY
Bunbury Primary School | Friday, 10 May 2019 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
This half day Professional Learning program is for schools that have used Brightpath at least twice to collect whole school data. The workshop focuses on using the data to review school performance and set school targets.
Register your interest with Sticky Tickets -https://www.stickytickets.com.au/84318
WAPPA Brightpath Professinal Learning
3. Brightpath – An introduction - 13th March / 25th July
Leading Brightpath in your school ensures high-quality assessments in a range of learning domains. Brightpath is now being used widely across Western Australia in both the government and private education sectors and “uptake” in other Australian states has commenced. Brightpath is an excellent addition to your whole-school assessment toolkit.https://www.wappa.asn.au/professional-learning/seminars-and-workshops/events/leading-with-brightpath-an-introduction
4. Brightpath Assessment Practices - 14th March / 2nd August
School leadership as a lever for improving student outcomes means that today’s leaders must be very clear on which practices do and do not lead to school improvement. As a school leader, knowing why something is important, knowing what to do about it, knowing how to do it, and knowing when to do it are key questions to ask around assessment.https://www.wappa.asn.au/professional-learning/seminars-and-workshops/events/leading-with-brightpath-assessment-practices
If you are looking to set up tailored Brightpath Professional learning, please contact Belinda Bewick. Belinda.Bewick@education.wa.edu.au
Mindarie Primary school
Mindarie PS are running several moderation workshops this year, Narrative and Persuasive, including online moderation. Please see the Term 1 documents attached.
CEWA Brightpath Professional Learning
CEWA offer a range of Brightpath PL for new schools (implementation and planning); and for schools who have been using Brightpath for I year or more (analyse school data, student contribution and teacher confidence to identify and plan for future needs).
Please refer to the link below. Non - Catholic schools accepted. You may also contact Shelley Forbes for further assistance: Shelley.Forbes@cewa.edu.au
If you are looking for support in using the Oral Narrative assessment, please see The flier Oral Narrative - Rosemary Simpson, attached.
Contact Rosemary Simpson: Languageexpress@bigpond.com