Professional Learning Program for Semester 1, Term 2, 2019
1. Using Brightpath to Drive School Improvement - BUNBURY Friday 10th May
Bunbury Primary School from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
This half day Professional Learning program is for schools that have used Brightpath at least twice to collect whole school data. The workshop focuses on using the data to review school performance and set school targets.
Register your interest with Sticky Tickets -https://www.stickytickets.com.au/84318
2. Interpreting Brightpath data (New) - 4 June 2019
Presented by Dr Sandy Heldsinger
This full day Professional Learning is designed for schools who have signed up for the Brightpath Advanced Reports or for those schools that are considering signing-up in 2019.
Here’s brief synopsis of Sandy Heldsinger's workshop:
- I will begin the workshop by taking you through the WA Brightpath usage data. Whilst, it is always interesting to see how schools are using Brightpath, the usage data has important implications for how you interpret the data. I will show you how to use the state data as a point of comparison when in evaluating your school’s performance and I will explain important caveats.
- I will explain the statistics used in the advanced reports.
- I will assist you in using the reports to evaluate the impact of your teaching programs on student learning.
- I will explain the relationship between the Brightpath scale and the NAPLAN scale so that you can interpret your Brightpath data relative to your NAPLAN performance.
- I will provide several different ways of setting targets.
- I will help you evaluate the extent to which you are using the Brightpath reports to promote effective teaching.
Please remember to bring along your NAPLAN writing data and Laptops!
Register your interest at Sticky Tickets https://www.stickytickets.com.au/85351
3. NEW Lead Marker Certification (Narrative) - 28th June 2019
Here’s an overview:
- Participants will work in groups with Brightpath expert markers
- The expert markers will provide detailed explanations of writing development, and how to analyse student writing closely. They will also help you analyse the exemplars closely
- You will mark sample scripts, discuss your scores, and get further guidance
Attendees please note: In order to get the Lead Marker Certification, you will be asked to mark a common set of performances, in your own time, and you will be given feedback on their reliability.
Register your interest here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/86562
WAPPA Brightpath Professinal Learning
3. Brightpath – An introduction - 13th March / 25th July
Leading Brightpath in your school ensures high-quality assessments in a range of learning domains. Brightpath is now being used widely across Western Australia in both the government and private education sectors and “uptake” in other Australian states has commenced. Brightpath is an excellent addition to your whole-school assessment toolkit.https://www.wappa.asn.au/professional-learning/seminars-and-workshops/events/leading-with-brightpath-an-introduction
4. Brightpath Assessment Practices - 14th March / 2nd August
School leadership as a lever for improving student outcomes means that today’s leaders must be very clear on which practices do and do not lead to school improvement. As a school leader, knowing why something is important, knowing what to do about it, knowing how to do it, and knowing when to do it are key questions to ask around assessment.https://www.wappa.asn.au/professional-learning/seminars-and-workshops/events/leading-with-brightpath-assessment-practices
If you are looking to set up tailored Brightpath Professional learning, please contact Belinda Bewick. Belinda.Bewick@education.wa.edu.au
Mindarie Primary school
Mindarie PS are running several moderation workshops this year, Narrative and Persuasive, including online moderation. Please see the Term 1 documents attached.
CEWA Brightpath Professional Learning
CEWA offer a range of Brightpath PL for new schools (implementation and planning); and for schools who have been using Brightpath for I year or more (analyse school data, student contribution and teacher confidence to identify and plan for future needs).
Please refer to the link below. Non - Catholic schools accepted. You may also contact Shelley Forbes for further assistance: Shelley.Forbes@cewa.edu.au
If you are looking for support in using the Oral Narrative assessment, please see The flier Tracks to Literacy - Rosemary Simpson, attached.
Contact Rosemary Simpson: Languageexpress@bigpond.com